Tuesday, February 19, 2008





Emily is growing up so fast. We were at the mall & her and Cliff were shopping at Libby Lu's (a very cute little shop for "princesses"). Emily looked up at Cliff and said, "Daddy, can I get my ears pierced?" Of course, it's very hard for daddy's to say no to their little girls, so Cliff did the easiest thing he knew and said, "You have to ask your mom." They then went looking for me, to ask me the same question. I have been fine with her getting her ears pierced, my only concern was causing needless pain, for something that is obviously has no purpose except added cuteness. BUT, when Emily came and asked me, I wanted to make sure she knew exactly what was going to happen. So, I asked her to tell me. She said, (very matter-of-factly) "They are going to poke holes in my ears, and it will hurt really bad, but only for a little bit. But, I still want to do it!" So, needless to say, we let her do it. She was very brave and was so happy after she saw her ears in the mirror. She was so excited to go tell her friends and teacher at school. She's so proud. Oh, the things we females go through for beauty, even at 4 years old.

Then today, I gave Aaron a haircut. Its such a nightmare to try to get a 2 year old little boy to sit still long enough to cut his. Its been so hard in the past, that this time I let it get way to long trying to avoid the inevitable. But, finally today, I put a big pile of gummy bears in front of him and started shaving. I cut it as short as I could bring myself to do, to buy more time before the next haircut. I must say, her looks very cute now, and not like a little white boy with an afro.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Ah!! I'm so glad you posted! I've been dying to see pictures of the kids and hear how you are all doing. We miss you guys! Your kiddos are precious and so grown up.