Friday, March 07, 2008

DORA REALLY IS EDUCATIONAL!!!!


Okay, so I do find Dora the Explorer extremely annoying. However, I must say that I saw something today that will enable me to keep putting up with "saaaaaaay Map". Emily is very much into pretending & the more dramatic the better. So, today as I was laying on the couch not feeling very well, she's squirming around on the floor & reaching desperately for my hand. (She was walking beside a river & fell in and needed me to save her.) She's laying on the floor kicking her legs, reaching up for me, "help me, help me, help me over & over again. I play along the first couple of times but finally get tired of it, so I just act like I don't see her. So, she gets louder, "help me, help me." Still I don't respond, and I"m trying not to laugh at her unending pretending. Needless to say, she doesn't give up. She says help me a few more times, but finally she tries something else. Since obviously english is not working, she switches to Spanish & starts yelling "ayuda me, ayuda me" over & over. With that brilliant switch, I finally decide to rescue her from the raging waters of her imagination. I was very impressed! So, I think I can endure Da, Da, Da, Dora a little longer. Maybe she can refreshen me on my Spanish.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Amy! Love the posts and the pics! Hope you are feeling better too.